• Our next meeting will be on Thursday, January 25th at 7:00 at the Chester County Library/Storytime Room. It's time to get inspired and put those New Years Resolutions into action! Peggy Wadsworth, who, with Denny, has walked over 100 walks since our first meeting in July, 2016, will be our speaker. In addition to telling us about their Adventures in Volkssport as they travel about the country, she will also introduce new walkers to the Start Box and show how easy all this is once you break the code. Please, join us and bring friends and potential new members. RSVP!
• Downingtown – Explore the Borough of Downingtown and many of its parks, trails, and historic buildings. Perform a random act of kindness and donate a paperback picture book to the Little Free Library at the Born Learning Trail on the Struble Trail.
• Phoenixville – Phoenixville, a former industrial town, has experienced a renaissance in the past decade and is now the home of many fine restaurants and pubs, as well as the historic Colonial Theatre. Stroll Phoenixville’s streets, enjoy its parks and historic buildings, and visit Lock 60 on the Schuylkill Canal.
• Pottstown – Explore the trails of beautiful Warwick County Park, including a length of the Horseshoe Trail, and learn about Warwick’s 18th century charcoal furnaces that supported the area’s thriving “iron plantations.”
• February 18th - Phoenixville 10K Walk. The group will meet at 11:00 AM at the Artisans' Cafe (234 Bridge Street) and the walk will include a visit to the Locktender's House on the Schuylkill Canal. Please RSVP if you'd like to join us and please include your cell phone number with your RSVP.